The creative hotspot of East London is preparing to open hidden doorways leading to warehouse live-work studios for a unique chance to explore grassroots art and talent.
Galleries will showcase specially curated exhibitions for the WickED and the plethora of performance artists, photographers, dancers, film-makers, painters, sculptors and musicians will be enticing you to get involved.
Hackney Wicked Art Festival is “the most vital art event of the summer” (NY Arts), and is expanding year on year, so... Come for the art; come for the laughs; come for the minted-pea ice cream... but make sure you do come and experience the best of what the ‘wrong side of the Olympic fence’ has to offer.
* Three-day programme full to the brim with art, music, pop up events
* Gavin Turk returns as festival patron in Agile Rabbit show at The Lighthouse Pub
* 624 studios and more artists per capita in Hackney Wick than anywhere else in the world
* Live music stage in Queen’s Yard from 3-11pm all weekend
* Graffiti Jams throughout the Wick...
* Harry’s infamous Coracle Regatta on Sunday 1 August 2-6pm at Eton Mission Rowing Club
* Closing party Sunday with carnival procession and burning of the Wicker Man by Adam Beale
For full events listings and artist/studio websites visit the Hackney Wicked website.
1 Apr 2020
24 Mar 2020
19 Mar 2020
16 Mar 2020
16 Mar 2020
5 Mar 2020
2 Mar 2020
21 Feb 2020
17 Feb 2020
14 Feb 2020