Selling Art Terms & Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to the following:
Artworks are over £1,500 by one of the following eligible artists.
- David Shrigley
- Grayson Perry
- Harland Miller
- Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Jonas Wood
- José Parlá
- Shepard Fairey
- You retain title to your artwork at all times.
- You agree that our relationship is one of an introducer and nothing in these terms and conditions shall mean we are your agent or partner and we shall not hold ourselves out as your agent or partner. Nor are we the buyer’s agent. Accordingly, we are not able to bind you to any course of actions and therefore all decisions are to be made by you (and the buyer) including the decisions to sell or buy and the price unless we specifically agree otherwise in writing.
- We do not disclose your details to any third party without your consent and we do not disclose the buyers details to you without their consent.
- You agree to offer to sell the artwork exclusively through Hang-Up Pictures for a period of 60 days.
- Full disclosure has been given regarding the condition of the artwork. You warrant that the artwork is in perfect condition with no, dinks, corner damage, waves, handling marks, creases, tape marks or similar issues unless otherwise stated by you to us in writing.
- If work is sent to the gallery to fulfil an order and the condition is not as described then you, are responsible for payment of any restoration work that is required from our external conservation team.
- If the artwork is framed we will remove it from the frame to ensure there is no damage on the reverse or hiding underneath the mount or on the corners. The use of non-archival framing materials and non-archival mounts can stain the print and by agreeing to these terms, you warrant that the artwork has not used non-archival materials/mounts.
- The artwork is authentic to the best of your knowledge and has full paperwork confirming authenticity.
- You are the owner, have good title to, and have the right to sell the artwork.
- In the unlikely event that the artwork is returned Hang-Up within the 7 days return period Hang-Up have no legal obligation to purchase the artwork and it should be returned to you.
- Should a sold item be returned to Hang-Up due to the questioning of proper title and/or doubtful authenticity or condition and this is proven to be correct you agree to reimburse Hang-Up Pictures for the amount you received for the sale of that item. This stipulation of reimbursement is without time limit.
- Once your artwork has sold, you are required to forward it to the gallery at 81 Stoke Newington Road, London N16 8AD. Please ensure it is packed suitably. It must be with us within 5 working days from the time you have been notified that the sale has been completed.
- Hang-Up is responsible for any packing and shipping costs to the final buyer, but you, the seller are responsible for shipping the artwork to us within 5 working days and any costs associated with this.
- 8% for sales over £10,000
- 10% for sales between £5,000 and £10,000
- 20% for sales under £5,000
- Fill out the invoice form and return to the gallery via email.
- The gallery takes payment for the artwork from the buyer, which we hold on behalf of the buyer, by credit card, BACS transfer, cash or PayPal and holds the payment for a period of 7 days.
- Payments are then transferred to you, the seller 7 days after the buyer has received the artwork with a BACS payment transfer.
- The buyer has a seven day cooling off period. In the extremely unlikely event that the buyer decides to return the artwork within the 7 day period then Hang-Up Pictures has no legal obligation to buy the artwork from you, and it may be returned.
- For any further information on our selling service please email or contact the gallery and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have.