Social Media Manager
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to run the Hang-Up Gallery social media accounts.
Posted 27 Jan 2022
Apply by 6 Feb 2022
You’ll be working along with a dynamic and enthusiastic team in our stunning gallery space based on the Regents Canal.
In this role, you’ll be required to create high-quality original content and marketing strategies, track activity, interpret analytics, and engage positively with our social community.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to keep abreast with both the arts and the social media industries.
- Developing and maintaining a consistent brand tone, image, and style online.
- Creating engaging visual and written social content and campaigns.
- Reviewing, proof-reading, and editing completed work before posting.
- Determining the optimal times to post content and managing the scheduling tools.
- Responding to messages and comments on all our social accounts.
- Reviewing and interpreting social analytics to measure and guide the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Generating analytic reports and social media feedback for presentation and review.
- Keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends, advancements in technology, and new social media platforms and tools.
- Working closely with the gallery team to brainstorm and define future advertising strategies and requirements.
- You preferably have two to three years of relevant work experience in a social media role.
- A passion and/ or background in the arts is preferable.
- You are confident in writing and editing engaging copy.
- A Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, or communications is preferable.
- You have good knowledge of social scheduling and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Buffer.
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous.
- A sound understanding of sales strategy and marketing.
- Knowledge of Google Ads is preferable though not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
- This is a permanent contract.
- Position hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 6 pm.
- The candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours.
At Hang-Up we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and we celebrate diversity. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards any kind of unlawful discrimination in any aspect of employment including recruitment, promotion, opportunities for training, pay and benefits, discipline and selection for redundancy.